Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Need A Friend

I was going through some boxes of pictures and school papers I have saved, and boy have I saved!! My hubby says I'm a pack rat. How can I throw away school papers or pictures the kids have drawn? Any way I came across this poem. Madison wrote it when she was in the 6th grade.

I Need A Friend

All by myself I can paint a picture
but I need a friend to give it to.

All by myself I can ride in a boat
but I need a friend to drive it.

All by myself I can eat a banana
but I need a friend to peel it.

All by myself I can sing a song
but I need a friend to write it.

Isn't that true?? We all need a friend we can rely upon. Of course Jesus is that one true friend I could never live without but I am also thankful for the friends I have here on this earth that I can just hang with.

I thought Mads did a wonderful job writing that poem... Of course I'm just a tad bit biased.....

No comments: