Monday, January 5, 2009

The End and the Beginning

To end 2008, on the 31st our church had its footwashing and communion (Watch Night) service. I love taking communion but the footwashing is a different story. (I think everybody feels that way). We ended our service by reading the last chapter in Revelation (thanks Martha for the fine job you did) and then praising our way through to 2009!!!! Then to mom and dad's for some food and fellowship.

To begin 2009, on January 1st and 2nd we were able to attend the 2:38 Youth Convention in Bakersfield hosted by Bro. Frost's church. It was totally awesome. I do believe this will be something we will plan on attending every year. Bro. Ballestero's message on Friday night will probably be remembered for years to come by all who attended. "Praise for Dummies" was his title and he certainly knows how to get his point across by his little demonstrations. You just should have been there.

Well its 2009. Unbelievable isn't it? I hope I can keep all the resolutions I made this year. If I can just discipline myself I will do fine.

5 comments:

The Weidners said...

GASP... A new post AND some changes!! Woo hoo! I am excited. ;o) hehe

I hope you guys had a great New Years. I am hoping we get to make it to 2:38 conference sometime. I don't want to make any of the family mad though, by not making it to Arizona, you know how that goes. I really wished we could of been there! I love Bro. Ballestero's preaching he is awesome!

Anyways, have a great Tuesday and I am sure we will hook up soon!

mzzkimi said...

Lindsy... you have no idea how long it took me to make these changes. ha ha ha. Welcome Home!!!!! Wanna hang out this Friday??

The Weidners said...

We would LOVE to hang out this FRIDAY! Let us know the details....;o)

Unknown said...

Wow Kim I am so impressed! It looks great :o)

mzzkimi said...

Thanks Jenna, I'm gonna try my best to post at least once a week. ha ha ha