Monday, February 22, 2010

~ Celebrating ~







Saturday was a busy day for my family. At noon we headed to Goshen to attended the funeral of Maggie Ashlock Craig, a 93 year old sweet lady who has been a family friend for years. As soon as the service was concluded we headed to Fresno to attend Elder Morton's 50th Ministry Anniversary (he also turned 70 years young).

I have never sat under the ministry of Elder Morton but I have been around him all my life. I used to go to youth retreats and Yosemite trips with his young people and visit Truth Tabernacle often as some of my greatest friends attended that church. When I was in my early 20s Elder Morton felt lead of God to discuss some things with my parents about me. I had a decision to make. This was the hardest thing for me to do. But today I'm still standing because of that decision. I will always be thankful for Elder Morton and for his ministry. Thank You Elder for making that phone call to my dad.

It was also nice to visit with old friends (and I'm not referring to age when I say old LOL).

5 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

You were definitely part of our youth group! It was great seeing you - that's twice in the past 12 months after I don't know how long!

mzzkimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mzzkimi said...

Those were the good ole days. lol It was great getting to visit with you for a few minutes. My hubby is working in Burbank this week and is supposed to visit your church on Wednesday (if he gets off work in time).

Notions from Nonny said...

Missed you again!!

Wasn't it a wonderful service? It is amazing how one man has impacted so many!!

Hope to see you soon!
Frances

PS...There is a Youth Fellowship Meeting in Orosi Friday, if you haven't heard! :o)

mzzkimi said...

Frances, yes it was an awesome service. Edler is an amazing man of God. I saw Jon but missed you somehow. My hubby and I are taking the kids out of town for a weekend vacation so we won't be able to be in Orosi but I do think some of our young people are planing to attend.

Hope to cross paths with you soon.

Love you guys!!